A Centering Meditation and a Grounding Technique
A Centering Meditation:
Sit any way that you feel comfy, so long as your spine is straight.
Close your eyes and focus on your breathing. Take very long deep breaths
through your nose.
Each time you breathe in, hold it for two or three seconds and the slowly exhale.
Continue this breathing until you feel very calm and peaceful. This usually takes 3-
5 minutes (for some).
Take as long as you need. It is different for everyone. Just go at your own pace.
You can also use sound to center yourself. Just sit and ring a small bell or
chimes. Focus on the soft sound and breathe deeply. Keep making the noise until you
A Grounding Technique:
*This works great for those times at school or work when you just cant seem to
keep still or relax.*
Place your feet flat on the floor and breath in deeply. On the exhale, picture any
excess energy flowing out of your feet and into the Earth.
Keep doing this until you feel calm. After doing this your feet may feel heavy.
Grounding and Centering 2
• Ground and center before all magickal working to avoid depleting
personal energy levels.
• Begin by being still, gathering all static, chaotic, internal energies and
releasing them, through the feet (and palms if needed) in the ground.
• Now feel the inner calmness, centered around the heart, and draw up
through the feet strong Earth energy (through the floors if indoors),
feeling the power and energy rising up and intertwining with your own
energies starting from the feet going up to the top of the head, where it
turns and travels back down and back up again until all portions of the
body are in balance.
• Once this power is felt and is in balance, then Circle casting, ritual,
divination, and spell work may begin.
• Grounding after all magickal working will help avoid overload of
personal energy levels (the energy called during ritual that has not been
• Touch the Earth/floor with palms after magickal work and feel the excess
drain out, leaving a balance of personal energy , augmented only by that
amount of Earth (energy) necessary for healthy functioning of the body.
• Too much retained energy will result in headache, depression, or
• Too little will result in fatigue, depression, or faintness. You must find
the inner balance, and adjust accordingly to how you feel.